Herb Dewees Alumni Association Scholarship
GUIDELINES FOR THE HERB DEWEES ALUMNI ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT
1. Purpose is to assist deserving young men and women who are pursuing an education at The University of Mississippi.
2. The scholarship is an academic scholarship established under accepted guidelines of the Department of Financial Aid at The University of Mississippi.
3. Recipients shall be full-time students who are lineal descendants of a graduate of The University of Mississippi.
4. The closest lineal relation of the applicant must be an active member of the Ole Miss Alumni Association, or must have been an active member at the time of his or her death.
5. The Herb Dewees Alumni Association Scholarship Committee selects the recipients.
6. Selection is based on scholarship ability, leadership potential, and family involvement in the Ole Miss Alumni Association.
7. You cannot receive this scholarship if you participate on an Ole Miss athletic team. This includes both scholarship and walk-on athletes.
8. The scholarship shall be for a maximum of ten (10) semesters or completion of the Baccalaureate degree assuming recipients maintain satisfactory academic progress. The recipient will lose the scholarship if he or she has a judicial file with the University.
9. Members of the alumni staff serve as mentors to each recipient. All recipients are required to meet with their assigned mentors at least one (1) time each fall and spring semester. Failure to do so may result in loss of scholarship.
This form must be received in the Alumni Office by March 1.